Wednesday, 8 May 2019

NAPLAN News

Next week is NAPLAN Week. You will note from the timetable, that the schedule is quite demanding. Please assist by ensuring that your child comes to school on time and does not attend any appointments or music lessons during these times. There will be minimal Home Learning next week so that students can have an early night.

Tuesday 14 May             Language Conventions: 45 minutes

                                         Writing: 40 minutes

Wednesday 15 May        Reading: 50 minutes

Thursday 16 May           Numeracy: 50 minutes

This week, the students have been completing practice tests to familiarise themselves with the format, time limit and types of questions. When asked, the students agreed that this practice was beneficial. Here are some of their responses. Completing NAPLAN practice questions….

- has helped me with my meta-learning because when I get my test back I can see where I went wrong eg mis-reading questions
- has helped me with Reflectiveness because when I get my test paper back, I revise questions I got wrong
- has made me recognise the importance of reading questions carefully … I have grown as a learner
- has helped me remain calm and I feel more confident about completing the real thing
- has helped me work under limited amounts of time with pressure
- has made me notice the difficulty level of the tests
- has helped me sit and stay focused for 40-50 minutes straight
- has taught me to read and re-read questions
- has helped me catch up on learning that I haven’t done for while
- has been helpful by making me learn from my mistakes and successes
- has helped me get better at answering questions, like trick questions
Before, I couldn’t even get up to page 8 and now I’m able to finish the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment